Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Review: My Fair Dork by Daisy Harris



Title: My Fair Dork: Men of Holsum College Book 8 

Author: Daisy Harris

Publisher: Siren-Bookstrand, Inc

Genre: M/M, Contemporary Erotic Romance

Length: Just right ;) (short Novel)

Rating: Highly Recommended

Blurb:
They say a guy can never be too hung. Well, Harold Jacobs doesn’t know who they are, but they’re wrong. Socially awkward for as long as he can remember, Harold feels his enormous package is just one more thing to be embarrassed about. Especially once hunky and popular Owen McKenzie notices it in the showers.
Owen knows he’s bi, but he keeps that secret close to his chest. He likes Harold, and wants to help him shed his dorky image and maybe even find a boyfriend. Still, Owen can’t stop obsessing about Harold’s equipment. And as much as he doesn’t want to flip-flop on his sexuality, Owen does want to test-drive what Harold has between his legs.
Their friendship erupts into full-blown lust. But can Owen accept the loss of his golden-child status and be Harold’s boyfriend? And can Harold outgrow his insecurity in time to keep the man he loves?
My review:
I don't think I've ever wanted to reach through my iPad and slap a character so much as I did with Owen. Talk about daft. Harold is the nice boy we all want to see fall in love and Owen is the sexy guy who doesn't deserve Harold. 
College is all about new experiences and finding unexplored avenues but when Owen runs into Harold, there is more than just curiosity about the unknown. There is a spark of attraction between them but Harold is embarrassed about his over sized equipment.  
All throughout this book, Owen made me want to scream with frustration and I really wanted to tell Harold he could do better. But Ms. Harris wrote a sweet and adorable love story here and at the end, all I could do was smile and wish them both a Happily Ever After. 
I highly recommend this book for readers who like barely legal college students and a quirky, not so lovable straight jock turned gay paired with an absolutely adorable geek with big cocks.


On this tour, Daisy will be awarding a large-size dildo, a scented penis candle, as well as a $20 gift certificate to the winner’s choice of Barnes and Noble or Amazon to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour. (WOO HOO!)  To follow the tour: 


5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to review my book!

    Readers—who are some of your favorite heroes in male-male romance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Lori for taking the time to review my work. Your review was insightful and awesome! D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post! Owen was very slappable for a while, and not in a good way! Gay or straight it seems men are just a little oblivious... Poor, sweet Harold having to deal with such a man! At least he got it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series! New stories automatically go on my must buy list :) I have this one waiting on my Kindle, just have not read it yet. But I am really looking forward to reading about Harold and Owen. And I have to agree with Juliana that many (if not all) men can be a little oblivious.
    June
    manning_J2004 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete